SYSTEM FOR MARKING GOODS
Resolution No. 127 dated November 18, 2019 of the Council of the Eurasian Economic Commission “On the introduction of marking of consumer goods with means of identification” (Resolution No. 127) stipulates that the Eurasian Economic Union member states shall independently define the date and procedure to introduce consumer goods marking within their borders in accordance with this Resolution, and shall notify the Eurasian Economic Commission of such date. Provided that, the turnover of non-marked consumer goods may not be restricted before January 1, 2021.
According to Decree of the President of the Republic of Belarus dated June 10, 2011 No. 243 “On the marking of goods with control (identification) marks” (as amended by Decree of the President of the Republic of Belarus dated 06.01.2021 No. 9 “On amendments to decrees of the President of the Republic of Belarus”) and Resolution of the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Belarus dated April 22, 2021 No. 230 “On amendments to resolutions of the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Belarus”, consumer goods must be labelled with ID marks since 01.03.2022.
Before mandatory marking become effective in Belarus, the consumer goods exported to Russia shall be marked with Russian codes as provided for by Resolution No. 127 dated November 18, 2019 of the Council of the Eurasian Economic Commission.
Further, Resolution of the Ministry of Taxes and Duties of the Republic of Belarus dated May, 3 2021 No. 17 defines marking procedures for goods and leftovers, recording and storage of marking codes and means of identification.
How to begin marking
- Sign up for the system
- Complete an electronic form on datamark.by
- Attach scanned documents (state registration certificate + GLN Issue Certificate)
- Read the SIS “Electronic Mark” rules and procedures
- Get a registration confirmation letter
- Add goods to the catalogue
- Record (update) the product ePASS in the ePASS databank (ids.by)
- Add goods to the catalogue in the Electronic Mark system account by “Add through GTIN” function
- Wait until the registration is complete
- Order a marking code
- Order marking codes in the Electronic Mark system account
- Wait until the order is fulfilled
- Download a marking code array file
- Label your goods
- Convert the marking code into means of identification (GS1 Data Matrix)
- Label your goods with the means of identification
- Report labelling to the Electronic Mark system
- Supply the goods
- Select labelled goods to be shipped
- Submit shipment data to Electronic Mark system
- Wait for system approval
- Ship the goods in kind
Belblankavyd Printing House provides and ensures:
- Registering of Belarusian businesses in SIS “Electronic Mark”
- Keeping of the goods catalogue (register of marked products)
- Goods marking code generation
- Communication and data exchange with national goods marking information systems of the EAEU member states
- Recording of goods turnover stages according to the marked product group:
- Introduction into turnover (production, import, leftovers labelling, etc.)
- Transfer (change of ownership)
- Withdrawal from the market (exporting (transborder trade), retail sales, discarding)
- Producing of protected physical media, means of identification on protected physical media, protection marks
- Recording of circulation of marking codes, means of identification on protected physical media, protection marks (sale, return, transfer, discarding, etc.)
- Other functions and services as provided for by regulations, system membership agreements, agreements with authorised bodies
The Data Matrix code consists of two parts: an ID code and a verification code (aka crypto-tail). Appearance of duplicated goods on the Belarusian market is prevented by marking code status change in SIS “Electronic Mark” upon the change of ownership of the marked goods
To sign up for SIS “Electronic Mark”:
- Complete an order form on www.datamark.by in the Consumer Goods section to get access to SIS “Electronic Mark”
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
*Find the Terms and Conditions of Use and the Price List on the website and while placing the order
- Get personal account login credentials and a user guide from the Belarusian system operator.
*The information shall be sent to the email address entered in the order form
- While completing the form, please, specify the GS1 GCP/GLN attribute in order to be eligible for SSCCs.
*To get the GCP/GLN, contact GS1 Belarus on www.gs1by.by
Test your scanner to be used for the personal account